The Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is one of the most popular and cost-effective self-publishing methods for authors to publish their books. One of the new features that have been introduced, is a hardcover book option. This article will help you learn how to get started with this process by providing you with all the necessary information on formatting your book, pricing it right, uploading it, and more. All you have to do is read my instructions carefully and follow them as closely as possible; then before you know it your hardcover book will be published on Kindle Direct Publishing.
Differences between paperback and hardcover
Some features are the same, for example, both have the same page count and size options. A book can be published with 70-550 pages and there are 5 size options available. However, you have to update ISBN if you are converting your paperback or paper cover book into a hard cover book. The cost of printing off hardcover is always greater than paperback or paper cover. So, pricing will also have to be raised in the case of Hardcover books.
Can I advertise my hardcover books?
Yes, you can advertise the hardcover book in the marketplaces where Amazon has given the option to publish it. So, you can advertise in the USA, UKA, France, Italy, etc.
Now we will go through the process of Publishing the hardcover Books. You can either publish a new book or convert the existing paperback into a hardcover. there are some simple steps to do so.
How do I publish a hardcover book?
To publish a hardcover book:
- After you log in to KDP, go to the bookshelf option. You will find an option “Create a New Title” section, click here and add hardcover.
- You are supposed to enter information for each section like keywords, description, title, keywords, category, etc.
- Now you will have to choose the print options.
- After doing this, upload your cover files and manuscript, review them, and then upload the design and order proof.
- Now set the appropriate prices. The price should be in a range where you can get $3 royalties or more. You can add less to come up in the market. The choice is yours. Now you can publish your Hardcover book.
Can I turn an existing paperback into a hardcover book?
Yes, you can convert, and here are some simple steps to do so.
To publish a hardcover book:
- The first step is the same as above, go to Bookshelf.
- Now, you will find the existing paperback or paper covers book, logbook, notebook, etc. which you want to convert to hardcover. Click + Create hardcover.
- Have a look at the information in each section and update the information if necessary.
- As a hardcover book is a bit different, so, you can update the details, like page count or size.
- You will also have to add a new ISBN.
- Now upload the cover. It will take some expertise as there is a difference in the hardcover dimension and paperback.
- Now is the time to publish your book.
So, these are some simple steps to publish a hardcover book. It is very simple to convert existing paperback into hardcover. In this article, I have explained the process in a very simple way.
It is always exciting to try a new feature. Though it is a bit expensive as compared to paperback it is still a good option. I hope the information provided in this article will help you publish your hardcover books.
If you want low content interiors for your KDP Business. Check out Pixel Pod Studio: https://pixelpodstudio.podia.com/subscribe_now